Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Story to Help Reset Priorities



This is a student who I had as a 2nd grader, and have long known his family. Yesterday I attended Jan's memorial service. It was incredibly difficult to watch this family begin their grieving process, empathizing with so many feelings and emotions. I hadn't seen this news story until yesterday, and it was so touching. God is good and gracious, and I'm so thankful that Jan surpassed her goal. Her memorial was an incredible testament to choosing joy in life, no matter the circumstances. That is a great reminder to anyone.

1 comment:

Nelle said...

Wow, she seemed like an incredible lady who should be so proud of her son. God is good, all the time....it's amazing what He allows us to go through that we fight against & it just makes us stronger. That boy is going to do great things for Christ & his mom will be cheering him on all the way......I'm glad she made her goal.